- Filling: Rinse black sesame seeds then drain well. Fry without oil in a non-stick saucepan until fragrant. Remove, cool then grind in an electric food processor until fine.
- Combine ground sesame, sugar, corn oil and flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well then chill in the refrigerator for about a day. Make into 35-40 even sized small balls.
- Dough: Combine the tang min flour and hot water and mix to a soft paste-like dough.
- Put glutinous rice flour, water, shortening and tang min flour paste in a large mixing bowl. Mix well into a smooth dough. Divide into 35-40 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a disk. Wrap around a piece of black sesame seed filling and shape into a ball. Dip the balls in water then coat in extra sesame seeds.
- Deep-fry in warm oil for about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high then continue to deep-fry until the glutinous rice balls turn golden brown. Drain from oil.
You may also like