- Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well together and leave aside covered with a cling film wrap to proof for 3-4 hours.
- Mix glutinous rice flour, plain flour, sugar, corn oil and water into a soft dough. Add in the proven dough. Blend well together until well combined. Leave dough aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Add colouring to the dough and mix to blend. Oil your hands and divide dough into small portions (the size of the dough depends on you).
- Press the balls of dough slightly and leave aside to proof for 10-15 minutes.
- Steam the rested dough for 15 minutes over a medium heat. Remove and leave to cool or serve them immediately after steaming.
You may also like