- 150g rice, washed and drained
- 50g glutinous rice, washed and drained
- 2 litres water
- 3 slices ginger
- 250g chicken carcasses
- 40g dried vegetable (choy kon)
- 40g peanuts, soaked for several hours
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ¾ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp abalone scallop sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sugar to taste
- Wash the dried vegetable thoroughly to remove any excess salt and soak for an hour, then chop the vegetable into small sections.
- Bring water to a boil and add chicken carcasses. Reduce the heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes. Strain the stock and add rice and glutinous rice, ginger, dried vegetable and peanuts.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour until the rice is soft and congee-like. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.