- Boil potato until very soft. Remove skin and mash into a smooth paste through a fine sieve.
- Combine mashed potato with glutinous rice flour, green tea powder, colouring and oil. Add water gradually and mix into a smooth dough.
- Pinch out small portions of dough; flatten and add in a ball of red bean paste filling. Roll tightly into small balls.
- Bring a half-pot of water to a rolling boil, then add in the glutinous rice balls in batches. Stir gently to separate them and continue to boil until they float.
- Remove with a perforated ladle into a basin of cold water for 45 minutes.
- Drain the glutinous balls and add into the tea syrup.
- To prepare the jasmine tea syrup, boil sugar and water until sugar dissolves.
- Leave aside. Steep jasmine tea leaves in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add the syrup.
- To serve, place 67 green tea kuih ee into a bowl. Pour in jasmine tea and serve immediately. You can also chill the kuih ee and the tea syrup if preferred.
You may also like