The original article was first published in TheStar Online. Read the full article here.
- 400g lamb tenderloin, fat and silver skin removed
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 600g canned butter beans/white kidney beans or beans of your choice
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 20g feta cheese
- parsley and coriander, chopped, for garnishing
- Marinate lamb with half the garlic, salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, spring onion, and remaining garlic until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, chilli flakes, smoked paprika, thyme, balsamic vinegar, stock and beans. Season with sea salt, black pepper and honey and leave to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Heat grill/cast iron skillet/non-stick pan. Brush some coconut oil on the lamb. Grill marinated lamb on each side for 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and rest lamb for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve lamb on beans. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and garnish with parsley and coriander.