- 500g spareribs, chopped into 5cm lengths
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1½ tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 80g castor sugar
- 35g tomato sauce
- 150ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 90ml chilli sauce
- (can opt for 80ml water if preferred)
- Combine garlic with marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add spareribs and stir well to mix.
- Transfer marinated ribs to a plastic container and allow the spareribs to sit in the marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- Arrange spareribs on a baking tray and cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for an hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake at 190°C for 10 minutes more.