- Clean and wash fish.
- Marinate with tumeric powder, shallot paste and salt for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut banana leaf into pieces large enough to wrap the fish.
- Wash and grease the leaf with some cooking oil.
- Wrap each piece of marinated fish in a greased banana leaf, greased side facing fish.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a wok or grill pan over high heat.
- When oil starts to smoke, put in the fish parcel.
- Cook wrapped fish pieces one at a time, turning over occasionally until fish is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sauce and rice.
You may also like