- 1kg stingray, cut into 3 slices
- 1 large piece banana leaf
- [Ingredients (A)]
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp fish curry powder
- 4 shallots, pounded
- 1 tbsp salt
- [Dipping sauce]
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 5 bird's eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 8 calamansi limes, squeezed for juice
- 3 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp paste, toasted
- Clean and cut the stingray, and marinate with combined ingredients (A). Leave aside for 25-30 minutes.
- Wipe the banana leaf clean and brush lightly with oil. Place fish on the leaf and wrap up neatly.
- Heat a flat pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Place the wrapped fish on the pan. Cook each side for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. For the dipping sauce, combine the ingredients in a bowl and serve with the fish.