- 700g stingray
- 2 tbsp seafood curry powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 100g tamarind paste
- ½ cup water
- Banana leaves
- Accompanying sauce (combined well)
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 5-6 shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10-12 bird's eye chillies, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, coarsely pounded
- Clean stingray well and make two to three slits along the thicker part of the fish.
- Mix tamarind paste and water and strain. Combine curry powder and salt and rub on both sides of the fish. Next, rub the tamarind juice all over the fish and wrap with a double layer of banana leaves.
- Grill the stingray in a convection oven at 190-200°C for 10-15 minutes on each side. Once the fish is cooked through, serve immediately
- with the accompanying sauce.