- Bring gula melaka, brown sugar, water and pandan leaves to a boil to dissolve the sugars. Strain the syrup.
- Mix both types of flour and water in a mixing bowl. Stir the syrup into the flour mixture. Add alkaline water. Cook the mixture over a gentle low heat into a slightly thickened batter.
- Spoon batter into greased small chinese teacups. Steam over rapid boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Mix grated white coconut with salt and steam for four to five minutes. Remove and spread on a big plate to cool.
- Leave the steamed kuih kosui to cool completely before removing from the teacups. Toss kuih kosui in grated coconut and serve.
You may also like