- Make a deep cut across tapioca to slightly split the skin. Peel off the skin and soak in water for several hours.
- Remove the core and shred the tapioca finely.
- Squeeze out the bitter juice using a muslin cloth.
- Cook palm sugar, brown sugar and water until all sugars have dissolved and turn syrupy.
- Mix shredded tapioca with sugar syrup, glutinous rice flour and salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Line an 18cm square baking tin with banana leaf.
- Lightly grease the leaf.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared tin and steam over rapidly boiling water for 45 minutes or until kuih is cooked through.
You may also like