Having mastered her baking techniques in renowned French chef school Le Cordon Bleu, as well as founding the French-themed coffee shop Café Madeleine, Chef Alina Hew brings a refreshing French twist to these chocolate chip cookies.
This recipe is best with
- 300g unsalted butter
- 220g castor sugar
- 220g brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (Grade A)
- 175g all purpose flour
- 100g almond nib (toasted)
- 170g dark chocolate chip
- Beat butter, castor sugar and brown sugar well. Add vanilla extract.
- Add egg and beat till well combined.
- Add sifted flour. Then add toasted almond nibs and dark chocolate chips.
- Mix well till it forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough into small balls and arrange on tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 170 degrees Celcius for 15 mins until light golden brown.