- Boil chicken bones with water to obtain chicken stock. Add salt to taste.
- Smash 8 shallots, 6 pips garlic and ginger.
- Clean the chicken and stuff the inside with the smashed ingredients. Rub the skin with salt and pepper.
- Finely slice the remaining shallots and chop the remaining garlic.
- Pound red chillies, ginger and garlic together. Extract lime juice. Add lime juice, sugar and salt to the pounded ingredients. Set aside mixture.
- Finely slice the cucumber and tomato.
Cut the spring onions into 2 cm lengths.
- Mix the sesame oil and light soya sauce together.
- Wash the rice grains
- Heat oil in wok. Fry the chopped garlic and sliced shallots until golden brown. Then add in the washed rice grains and continue to fry until fragrant.
- Transfer the fried rice grains into a rice cooker. Add in the chicken stock and continue to cook until rice is done.
- Steam the chicken in a wok or steamer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange the cucumber and tomato slices around the edge of a serving platter. Then place the chicken pieces in the centre of the same platter.
- Sprinkle the spring onions over the chicken and pour the mixed sesame oil and light soya sauce over it.
- Serve chicken with the steamed rice and chilli sauce.
You may also like