- 1 kampong chicken (approx. 1.5kg, chopped into big chunks)
- 15g black fungus, soaked until soft
- 350g matured ginger, minced
- 100ml water
- 550ml glutinous rice winev
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp salt
- Cut black fungus into thick shreds. Leave aside.
- Heat sesame oil and fry ginger until fragrant. Add in chicken and fry over low heat till aromatic.
- Add black fungus. Toss and fry briefly. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour in glutinous rice wine. Continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes until soup is fragrant. Serve hot.