This recipe is best with
- 250g unsalted butter
- 2 cups semolina
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Heat butter in pan. Add semolina and almonds. Cook, stirring constantly for about five minutes or until semolina is lightly browned. Remove pan from heat.
- Put water and sugar in a separate pan, stirring over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring and bring syrup to a boil.
- Gradually stir hot syrup into semolina mixture. Add cinnamon powder and stir over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbling. Stir for two minutes.
- Remove from fire. Cover pan with folded tea towel before placing lid on. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Grease a cake pan and spread mixture evenly. Stand for five minutes. Turn halva onto serving plate. Allow to cool, then cut and serve.