- Heat sesame oil in a saucepan. Fry ingredients (A) until fragrant. Add seasoning (B) to mix. Add cornflour and stir to combine.
- To prepare pastry: Grate tapioca into fine shreds. Squeeze out excess juice then steam tapioca shreds until soft. Remove and mash into a puree.
- Combine tapioca puree with rice flour, custard powder, oil and water. Mix into a dough.
- Divide into small equal portions. Press into a disk and place a heaped tablespoon of filling in the centre. Wrap up the filling and shape into a longish dumpling.
- Deep-fry the dumplings in heated hot oil until golden brown. Remove and drain from oil.
You may also like