Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan Breakfast recipes, Hash browns, also spelt hashed browns, are a popular American breakfast dish, consisting of finely chopped potatoes that have been fried until browned.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
This recipe is best with
- 4 large potatoes
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and grate the potatoes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the grated potatoes then discard the liquid.
- Put the potatoes into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste and stir until well combined.
- Heat one-third of the butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick frying saucepan over medium heat until it starts to foam. Take 1/3 cupful of the grated potatoes and put into the frying pan. Flatten out with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until it turns golden. Transfer mixture to a baking tray and keep warm in a preheated oven at 120°C.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture, adding butter and oil as required.
- Note: Use Sebago potatoes for the best results.