Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan Breakfast recipes, Sweetcorn Scrambled Eggs. Corns will add an extra crunch to the dish & kids will love the sweet flavours to it while packing up on fibres!
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp reduced fat milk
- 2 tbsp fresh sweetcorn kernels*
- 1/2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tsp chopped cilipadi
- Dash of salt and pepper
- * Prepare the fresh sweetcorn kernels the night before. Get one ear of fresh sweetcorn and scrape out the kernels.
- Combine whole egg, egg whites and milk in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand whisk until just combined. (Do not beat until frothy.) Add in sweet corn, spring onions, cilipadi, and salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a lightly greased and heated non-stick pan. Stir gently with a spatula and cook over a low heat until mixture is almost cooked.
- Take the pan away from the heat then gently stir the scrambled egg mixture a few more times. (This is to ensure that the eggs will be cooked but not over the fire.)
- Dish out into two individual plastic containers and have some toasted french loaf slices to accompany.