Adapted from 150 Things to Make with Roast Chicken and 50 Ways to Roast It by Tony Rosenfeld (The Taunton Press). Tested by Susan Selasky for the Free Press Test Kitchen. — Detroit Free Press/McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
This recipe is best with
- 1½ cups thinly sliced or cubed seasoned rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (428ml) fire-roasted diced tomatoes or favourite canned tomatoes, well drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 prepared pizza crust (30cm)
- 1 small jar (180g) marinated artichoke hearts, well drained and patted dry
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, patted dry and thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted black olives, cut in half
- 110g fontina cheese (or other pizza cheese), shredded or sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and a few pinches of kosher salt on the pizza crust. Place crust on pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top crust with the chicken mixture, artichokes, red pepper, black olives and cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cut into desired size pieces.