The chicken casserole with Pesto is super easy to make and takes very little time. It’s an ideal dish when you are expecting company. The pesto and tomatoes add a nice Mediterranean touch to the meal. (This dish will help you to make new friends, provided you get enough courage to ask them out else, you can always eat this by yourself 😉 ) Pro tip: You can use olives instead of tomatoes to increase the delicious factor by 0.2%
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets (450g) aka Protein
- Salt & Pepper (to taste) aka electrolytes
- 20 ml Olive Oil aka antioxidants
- 85 gm Basil Pesto (Pesto alla Genovese) aka healthy fats
- 3g 1 Garlic Clove aka "the vampire evader"
- 25g Tomatoes, sliced aka additional antioxidants
- 200gm Feta / Mixed Cheese aka "the taste factor"
- 220gm Whipping Cream aka "extra taste factor"
- Preheat the oven to 230⁰C (Make sure u do not stick your hand inside to check, use a thermometer or the inbuilt checking mechanism)
- Trim the extra fat from the chicken breasts, cut into small pieces and season with pesto, salt & pepper. (The extra fats are not going to hurt anyone, *i have checked with them*, in case you forgot!
- Put the olive oil in pan and cook the chicken for approx. 5 mins (Make sure the pan is not too hot, else chicken might complain)
- Mix the Pesto with the whipping cream and finely chopped or crushed garlic clove (Mix it well and put your arm in it so that all those gym sessions are worthwhile)
- In a casserole dish, combine the cooked chicken, tomatoes, cheese & garlic (Make sure the dish is actually Casserole, Oven friendly Tupperware is NOT Casserole)
- Pour the pesto cream over the dish and place in the oven for approx. 25 mins until the casserole has browned (The browning is dependent on you, but i prefer to make it brown enough that people can't call me racist)
- Enjoy the scrumptious meal with your friends & family. (Or with your own self, whichever is more enjoyable company) =)