- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes well and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed.