- Place water and sugar in a large pot and bring to a boil; stir until rock sugar is dissolved. Leave to cool completely. It is important to cool the syrup thoroughly.
- Prepare a big glass jar (you can buy one from any provision shop) by washing it well and then drying it thoroughly.
- Scatter raisins evenly on the base of the jar.
- Sprinkle both types of wine biscuits over the raisins.
- Pour in the cooled syrup slowly. Seal the jar lid tightly and allow the liquid to ferment and mature in a cool, dry and dark place for 100 days.
- Do not move the container during the fermenting and maturing period. If you do not follow this piece of grandmother´s lore, the whole process will not turn out well.
You may also like