- 600g large prawns, neatly trimmed
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp light sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- ¼ tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- ½ tsp thick soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing wine
- 3 tbsp water
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry prawns for 1-2 minutes. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat more oil in the wok, add spring onion and combined sauce ingredients. Cook to a simmering boil. Return prawns to the wok. Toss and fry well to combine with the sauce. Dish out and serve immediately.