- Prepare the sponge by mixing flour, yeast and water on 1st speed for 3 minutes.
- Ferment dough for 4 hours until dough is about 3 times the original size.
- Prepare the dough by adding all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Premix egg, ice and honey. Add to the above followed by sponge on 1st speed for 1 minute and then 2nd speed for 2 minutes.
- Add butter in several stages. Mix on 2nd speed for another 5 minutes until dough is fully developed.
- Round up dough and rest for 15 minutes. Divide into 100g strips.
- Mould to 36in (91cm) long and twist into pretzel shape.
- Wet the surface and dip into multigrain to coat the surface.
- Prove for 1 1/2 hour at room temperature or 1 hour at 37°C.
- Egg wash and bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush hot butter over the pretzels immediately.
You may also like