- 80g rice flour
- 75g tapioca flour
- 30g arrow root flour
- 250ml general santan
- 250ml santan
- 125g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pandan leaves — knotted
- 1/8 tsp alkaline water (kan sui)
- 100g red beans — soaked overnight
- 25g sugar
- Put soaked red beans and sugar with enough water to boil till soft. Drain well.
- Mix (A) together then sieve to remove any impurities. Cook (B) to dissolve the sugar. Add (A) and cook over low flame till mixture turns into a paste. Mix in the cooked red beans.
- Grease small patty cups and steam over boiling water. Spoon the mixture into the cups and steam over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the kuih talam from the patty cups when it is cool.