- Rub fish inside and outside with salt. Cut back lengthwise and remove bones. Score criss-cross from inside of fish. Marinate with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp sherry and dip it in flour.
- Soak dried black mushrooms in water to soften and shred.
- Combine seasonings of salt, sugar, tomato ketchup, white vinegar and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir well.
- Heat 6 cups of oil in wok and deep-fry fish until golden brown. Remove and arrange on a serving plate.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and stir-fry shredded onion, carrot and mushroom. Add seasoning and bring to the boil. Pour over fish and serve. Garnish with parsley.
You may also like