- Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for appearance). Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins.
- Clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before cutting each into quarters. Trim root and tough layers from lemon grass. Thinly slice first six inches. Bring 2 cups of stock to boil.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil, then add the stock, lemon grass, lime leaves, and shrimps. When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms, ginger, peppercorns and salt.
- Remove the pot from heat after boiling. Add fish sauce, lime juice, and hot peppers to taste.
- Serve the soup while still hot in individual soup cups and top each cup with a sprinkle of coriander.
You may also like