This dish is a classic Malaysian favourite, best prepared with Salam™ sauces.
Interested to WIN a glamorous Dining Set together with Salam™ sauces? Check out the contest details below!
Contest Period: 15 September 2019 – 15 October 2019
1.Watch the Salam™ “Ayam Masak Kicap Manis Pedas (Hot Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken)” recipe video on this page
2.Purchase the Salam™ Kicap Manis Pedas from your nearest store (Refer below for the list of some of the store*)
3.Cook the recipe with the Salam™ sauce and snap a photo of the dish together with the Salam™ sauce bottle
4.Upload the photo to your Facebook profile (set status to Public) and recommend another dish/cooking tips using Kicap Manis Pedas in the post with hashtag #salamsauce #kualisalamcontest
Grand prizes (3 winners): 1 set of dining set + 1 set of Salam™ sauces each
Consolations (15 winners): 1 set of Salam™ sauces each
Salam products key chain stores*:
- Super Seven
- Pasar Raya Mega, LYC Best Mart
- Pasaraya CS
- Pasaraya Hwa Thai
- Family Store
- Soon Cheong Marine Products
- SKM Market
- Pasaraya Midas Mart
- Pasar Mini YMH
- VALUE Grocery
- Kapitan Grocer
- Chop Lee Seng
- Aun Huat Trading
- Pasaraya Okay
- Pasaraya Kini
- Checkers Hypermarket
- Pasaraya BiG
By joining this contest, you agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- 4 pieces chicken thigh
- 100g onion (cut into 4 wedges)
- 50g young ginger (sliced thinly)
- 6 dried chillies
- 4 bird’s eye chillies
- 2 stalks spring onion
- 400ml water
- 100ml Salam™ Kicap Manis Pedas
- 1tbsp Salam™ Sos Berperisa Tiram
- 30g rock sugar
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- Marinade the chicken for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion, ginger slices and chillies until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken and fry briefly. Add the remaining marinade and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in water and braise the chicken for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Add the spring onions and give it a stir.
- Remove from heat and dish up.