Ingredients is not available.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the garlic until it is coarsely chopped.
- Add drained chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice and
- With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. To serve, transfer to a bowl and top with a sprinkle of paprika and the olive, if desired. Serve with triangles of pita bread.
- The hummus can be stored in a tightly covered container and refrigerated for up to three days. Makes about four cups.