- 5 to 6 oranges (approx 500g)
- 1 grapefruit, squeezed to obtain 100ml juice
- 2 lemons, squeezed to obtain juice
- 75g castor sugar
- A bottle of sparkling wine, well-chilled
- Cut oranges into quarters, remove skin, seeds and pith. Blend in a food processor with castor sugar for a puree. Combine pureed oranges, lemon and grapefruit juice. Pour into a suitable container and freeze for 2 to 3 hours. (The sorbet should not set completely.)
- Scoop out sorbet into well-chilled champagne glasses. Top up with sparkling wine and serve immediately.