- 60g rock sugar and 100ml water (if using fresh lychees instead of canned ones)
- 450g fresh lychees, or a 450g canned lychees
- 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger root
- Make a syrup, if using fresh lychees, by dissolving the rock sugar in boiling water, then leave to cool. Peel the fresh lychees and remove the stones. Place the lychee and ginger in a food processor or blender with the syrup, or juice from the can, and process to a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into a freezer-proof container, and place in the freezer for about two hours, or until almost set.
- Break up the iced mixture and beat until smooth. Return mixture to the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes to set solid before serving.