- 300g rice
- 250g black lentils
- Soak the rice and lentils separately for several hours, preferably overnight)
- 2 tbsp cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Drain rice and lentils well. Combine soaked rice, lentils and cooked rice in a blender and blend until fine. Remove and put in an enamel pot. Add 1/4 tsp salt, cover and keep overnight.
- The next day, add another pinch of salt to the batter and stir well to mix.
- Heat an iddli steamer, then pour a spoonful of batter into each mould. Steam for 30 minutes.
- Serve iddli with an assortment of curries.