Ikan Tenggiri, or Mackerel fish in English, is a common fish every Malaysian family likes. Follow this recipe to learn how to prepare Mackerel fish cook with vegetable sprouts.
- 1kg mackerel fish, about 3kg, sliced 1.5cm
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 200g tapioca leaves, leaves only
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 1/2 litre water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
- 5 pcs tamarind skin
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Spice Blend
- 4 red onions, peeled
- 6 nos garlic, peeled
- 5 nos bird's eye chilli/cili padi
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Marinate the fish with tamarind juice (1 tbsp of tamarind paste + half cup of water).
- Cut and wash the tapioca leaves, put aside.
- Combine the spice blend, coconut milk, water, lemongrass, tamarind skin in a pot and heat up the sauce with slow fire.
- When the sauce is boiling, strain the fish and add into the sauce together with tapioca leaves.
- Let it simmer for 10 - 15 minutes with slow fire
- Lastly, season with salt and sugar.