- 3 cups parboiled rice
- 3 cups green peas flour
- 3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2cup ground nuts
- 1/2 cup kadala (can be found in Indian provision shops)
- 1 tbsp ginger powder (suku)
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 coconut cut into pieces and dried well
- Parboiled rice washed, dried and grounded.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Leave some flour to coat the urande (balls).
- Boil brown sugar till it forms a lump when dropped into a bowl of water. (May take an hour or so to get this texture - continue stirring).
- When sugar is ready, transfer small amounts of sugar into the bowl of mixture and make small balls. Coat with the flour left aside.
- Makes 30 to 40 balls.
- Storage time is three to six months.