- 300g rice vermicelli (beehoon), soaked until soft
- 400g prawns, shelled
- 200g bean sprouts, tailed
- 15 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks lemon grass (use the white parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 wild ginger buds (bunga kantan), thinly sliced
- 100g desiccated coconut, toasted
- 50g dried prawns, washed, soaked and blended coarsely
- 50g groundnuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 4-5 tbsp sambal belacan
- 5-6 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules mixed with 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- [Garnishing] :
- Sliced red chillies
- Chopped spring onion
- Coriander leaves
- Bring water to a boil in a wok, then blanch bean sprouts for 30 seconds.
- Remove and rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Blanch rice vermicelli for 1-2 minutes and transfer to a colander. Drain well.
- Boil prawns in salted water for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through then drain well in a colander.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and toss well to mix. Add garnishing, then dish out and serve immediately.
You may also like