- 1 ox tongue
- turmeric powder, for ox tongue
- 2 shallots, for pounding
- 3 red chillies
- 20g shrimp paste, toasted
- 30g dried shrimp
- 50g bean sprout, slightly blanced
- 1 stalk laksa leaf, finely sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 5 cili padi, sliced thinly
- 4 shallots, sliced thinly
- 3 limes
- salt and sugar to taste
- Clean the ox tongue and cut lengthwise. Boil until tender, this can take up to 3 hours. Remove ox tongue and season with salt and turmeric powder. Grill on open fire until fragrant. Slice ox tongue thinly.
- Pound shallots, red chilli, shrimp paste and dried shrimp into a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, put the paste and the rest of the ingredients in. Squeeze juice from limes over mixture and mix well. Season with salt and sugar to taste and serve.