- 300g dry squid, cleaned, soaked and grilled
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 raw mangoes, peeled and cut into small strips
- 50g shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g red onions, thinly sliced
- 30 red chillies, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 20g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 15g cili padi (bird´s eye chilli), thinly sliced
- local lettuce leaves for garnishing
- For the sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dried shrimp paste/belacan, baked, ground
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Some grated fresh ginger
- Grill the squid until cooked. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
- For sauce, combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar together. Then add dried shrimp paste and ginger. Finally, mix all to make dressing.
- Then add all other ingredients into a bowl and toss in the sauce. Then chill it in the fridge.
- Once chilled, dish out the salad onto a bed of lettuce before serving.
You may also like