- Wash and soak the glutinous rice for 10 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- Steam the glutinous rice with coconut milk and a pinch of salt till cooked.
- Let it rest at room temperature.
- Next, boil the water and soak the squid for 1 minute and strain. Set aside.
- Stuff the steamed glutinous rice in the squid till 3/4 full and close the opening with a toothpick.
- To make the wet rempah paste, blend the chilli paste, shallots, garlic, ginger and lemongrass with 1 cup of water.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk, turmeric leaf, tamarind skin and fenugreek.
- Put in the stuffed squids into the sauce.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Simmer till the gravy thickens.
You may also like