- Green base: Mix the flour with ½ pint water.
- Boil sugar in ½ pint water.
- Pour boiled sugar into flour mixture stirring all the time.
- Add enough water to get 2 pints batter.
- Add in 1tsp alkaline and strain the batter.
- Heat up steaming tray for a few minutes, and pour in the batter.
- Stir batter till it thicken and steam for ½ hour.
- White top: Add santan with water to get 16oz batter to the flour.
- Stir over low fire till a bit thicker.
- Pour over green base and steam for ½ hour.
You may also like