The sweet and briny taste of clams will bring smiles all around.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
For recipe on how to make Kimchi, click here.
- 350g clams
- 200g kimchi, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 20g shredded ginger
- 500ml water
- 10g glass noodles, soaked and drained
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut into segments
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- salt and sugar to taste
- Soak clams in a bowl of clean filtered water for about 30 minutes to remove any impurities. Rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the chilli powder and ginger until fragrant. Add the clams and stirfry over high heat.
- Pour in the water and add the kimchi, glass noodles and spring onion. Add the seasoning and bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat, dish out and serve hot, garnished with herbs.