- 500g mackerel fillet
- 250ml vinegar
- 250g grated coconut
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Onion rings for garnishing
- Cut fish into 2cm cubes and marinate in vinegar.
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine remaining vinegar and grated coconut. Extract the juice and strain it into a glass bowl.
- Add fish cubes, shallot, ginger, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Chill the raw fish salad in the refrigerator. Then transfer to a platter and garnish with onion rings.