- Sift rice and plain flour into a mixing bowl. Add in sugar and slowly add the coconut milk. Stir until smooth then add the eggs and egg yolks. Whisk until well blended. Strain the batter.
- Lightly grease love letter moulds with a piece of muslin cloth dipped in oil. Heat mould over charcoal fire.
- When heated, place the moulds open over a bowl of batter and pour a ladelful of batter onto the mould. Close the mould tightly and bake over charcoal fire for about half a minute on each side.
- When golden in colour, remove and immediately fold into a quarter. Press lightly with a tin cover to level the surface.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container or tin.
- (You need love letter moulds to make this beautiful kuih that is served during chinese new year.)
You may also like