- Cook (A) in a pot until sugar is dissolved, set aside and cool thoroughly.
- Combine (B) into (A), stir well to avoid any lumps.
- Strain mixture and separate into 2 portions; 1 mix with red or green colouring while another remains white.
- Pre-heat a 10in greased tray for 5 minutes in a steamer.
- Pour one ladle of white mixture into the tray and steam using medium heat for 5 minutes and alternate another ladle of red / green mixture on top and steam for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps until the mixtures are used up.
- The last top layer should be in bright red or bright green (just add a drop of red / green colouring and stir well).
- Steam for 15 minutes and cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
You may also like