Kuih Semperit is Malaysia’s answer to the Scottish butter cookie: it became known as semperit because the Malay chef mispronounced ‘shortbread’. Others point to Indonesia as its origin. It is usually shaped into either the dahlia flower pattern or round biscuits with a ridged, serrated surface. Other name for this biscuit: Biskut Bunga Dahlia.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Asian-style Braised Beef With Orange
- Fishy snack: Crispy Ikan Bilis
- Salad recipes to help use up leftover Easter eggs
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Chicken Breast With Pappardelle And Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Tapioca with Sweet Potato Fries
- Buka Puasa Buffet with Aneka Rasa at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur