Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Kak Wan for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
- Ingredient A
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 250ml water
- Ingredient B
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 500ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 200ml water
- 120g rice flour
- 40g tapioca starch
- Ingredient C
- 1tsp pandan emulco
- 1/4tsp orange colouring
- 1Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp chocolate emulco
- 6 inch square tin, grease with oil
- Cut the edge of bread, shred it and soak with water. Blend it and set it aside.
- Combine water, Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, sugar and salt. Cook until sugar dissolves and turn off heat.
- Once it cools, add rice flour and tapioca starch, mix well.
- Pour into a blender and blend with the soaked bread until smooth.
- Separate the mixture into 3 portions. First portion with pandan emulco, second portion with orange colour, and third portion to mix with cocoa powder and chocolate emulco.
- Pour the pandan mixture into the greased mould and steam for 5 minutes. Followed by the chocolate mixture then steam for 5 another minutes. Follow with the orange mixture. Repeat layering until done.
- For the last layer, cover the tin with aluminum foil and steam for 10 - 15 minutes over medium heat until cooked through. Make sure to let it cool before cutting.