Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Nurul Aziilah for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
Apam Puri is a traditional kuih that is very easy to make and tastes delicious. It is famous and has many other names like Apam Suri, Apam Sua, Apam Tokyo, Apam Perlis etc. Regardless of the name, they are equally delicious!
This recipe is best with
- Durian Custard Filling
- 1cup custard flour
- 1cup pure durian flesh
- 1cup sugar (or reduce according to taste)
- 1cup Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1cup milk
- 1Tbsp butter
- some yellow colouring
- Apam Batter
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2cups water
- 1nos egg
- 1tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- some coloring according to preference
- Combine all ingredients in the blender except butter and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to a pot/wok and cook at a low flame till it thickens. Then remove from flame and incorporate the butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the apam ingredients till well combined and strain the mixture
- Then, in a greased pan, add some of the flour mixture and let it cook
- Once its cooked, transfer to a curry puff mold and place some durian custard filling before sealing.
Durian Custard Filling
Making the Apam