Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Nurul Aziilah for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
- Durian Custard Filling
- 1cup custard flour
- 1cup pure durian flesh
- 1cup sugar (or reduce according to taste)
- 1cup Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1cup milk
- 1Tbsp butter
- some yellow colouring
- Apam Batter
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2cups water
- 1nos egg
- 1tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- some coloring according to preference
- Combine all ingredients in the blender except butter and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to a pot/wok and cook at a low flame till it thickens. Then remove from flame and incorporate the butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the apam ingredients till well combined and strain the mixture
- Then, in a greased pan, add some of the flour mixture and let it cook
- Once its cooked, transfer to a curry puff mold and place some durian custard filling before sealing.