- Blend or pound pandan leaves till fine.
- Mixwith water and squeeze out juice. (If colour is not dark enough,add green colouring.)
- Mix alkaline water to the pandan juice mixture.
- Add sugar and salt and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- Add hot mixture into glutinous rice flour.
- Add mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Blend in corn oil.
- Knead into a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into small portions.
- Flatten each slightly, add coconut filling.
- For moulding and steaming, refer to the steps for making angkoo.
For the filling:
- Put (B) in a non-stick pan to slowly meltthe sugar until it turns syrupy.
- Add (A) and lower the heat.
- Keep stirring till mixture is almost dry.
- Add (C) and stir well to blend.
- Cook for five minutes, then transfer to a tray to cool.
- Form into balls to be used as filling.
- Refrigerate the balls for easy handling.
You may also like