Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Juliann Siow for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- Ingredients A
- 400ml water
- 155g caster sugar
- 2 pcs pandan leaves
- Ingredients B
- 170g rice flour
- 60g tapioca flour
- A pinch of salt
- Ingredients C
- 150ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 100ml thick coconut milk
- Coloured Layers
- A; Red x 1 drop
- B: Pink x 1 drop
- C: Orange x 2 drops
- D: Yellow x 1 drop
- E: Green x 1 drop
- F: Green x 1 drop
- G: Purple x 1 drop
- H: Purple x 2 drops, Blue x 2 drops
- Rectangle mould (18.5cm x 13.5cm x 6cm)
- Heat ingredients A until the sugar dissolves. Leave it to cool before adding in ingredients B and C
- Once well incorporated, divide mixture into 8 portions equally (approx. 100g each), add the colors (refer to coloured layers) and set aside.
- Preheat the steamer, and grease the mould with some cooking oil
- Add in the first layer into the mould starting with coloured layer H and steam for 7 minutes,
- Repeat the same process until all the layering is finished.
- Lastly, steam the whole layer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Make sure to leave it to cool completely before cutting the kuih. Enjoy!