Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Grace Lee for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
Grace loves to cook with natural ingredients. Therefore, the colors of the kuih are all natural from sweet potatoes without any form of artificial coloring added. Hence the color seems less radiant compared to commercially available versions.
- Ingredients A
- 500g glutinous rice (soak at least 4 hours)
- 3nos pandan leaves
- 220g diluted Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1&1/4 tsp fine salt
- 125g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- Ingredients B
- 240g steamed purple／yellow sweet potatoes
- 200g pandan infused water
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 100g fine sugar
- 200g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 60g all-purpose flour
- 40g corn flour
- Mix all ingredients except pandan leaves and 125g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- Layer pandan leaves on the glutinous rice and steam for 20 minutes
- Add in 125g Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, continue to steam 15-20minute
- Mix all ingredient B until smooth and sieve the mixture
- Cook in a pot at low flame until slightly boil. Pour onto the glutinous rice layer and steam for 30 minutes with medium flame until cooked ( make sure water is parboiled)
- Leave it to cool before cutting. Enjoy!