- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the lamb in batches of 2 or 3 pieces at a time for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Remove the chops to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add butter to the remaining oil. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 6-7 minutes until well coloured and onion is almost caramelised.
- Add wine and cook for 1-2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Add stock, rosemary, sage and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Return lamb to the pan with the peas to cook for a further 5 minutes or until lamb is heated through and tender. Dish out and serve with a sprinkling of coarse ground black pepper.
You may also like